Monday, October 22, 2012
Europa Challenge Holiday Swap Time!
Without further ado, instructions for participating are as follows:
1. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 5th (two weeks today) with your name, address (all personal information will be destroyed after completion of gift exchange), a list of Europa titles you'd like and if you are willing to ship your gift internationally.
2. During the week of November 5 names will be randomly drawn and participants will be notified as to who they are playing Santa to (do please look out for this email from the Europa Challenge address – it may possibly go to your junk mail).
3. Using the list of Europa titles provided by your recipient, pick one to send.
4. Now you get to decide how to play Santa. You can order the book online, have it gift wrapped and sent straight on to the recipient…or you can pick it up at your local independent bookstore and go a step further by including a small gift that is homemade, bookish in nature or related to how you celebrate the holiday season, then wrap it all up and send it on its way. Please make sure you include a card revealing your identity. (Please indicate in your email if you will be including an additional gift.)
5. You can buy the book anywhere you want, but I would encourage you to shop indie. Powells.com will ship anywhere; IndieBound.org will help you find an indie near you for either an in-person visit or online ordering. Don't forget indies ship too!
6. Because lots of people are mailing during the holiday season, and because lines at the post office can be long, please try to have your package delivered before or during the first week of December. Take into account the extra time needed if shipping internationally!
7. On December 17th, let's all post to our blogs with what we've received, and what we've sent!
8. Spread the word … the more the merrier! Please feel free to post this to your own blogs. You don't have to be a Challenge participant to take part in the swap!
If after signing up, something comes up to where you cannot participate, let me know as soon as possible so that I can make other arrangements. Please consider all costs involved before participating (for the book, for any shipping, the additional gift, etc.). This is meant to be fun, not stressful, and I wouldn’t want anyone to feel overwhelmed by the commitment.
If you have any questions, you can leave a comment or email me at email@example.com.