Thursday, December 15, 2011

2011 Europa Amante, looking ahead to 2012 (Deb)

Earlier this week, I wrote down which Europa Editions books I'd read in 2011, thinking I had one more to go to reach Amante level, and discovered I'm already there. I guess I'm a Passport Holder as well, since the books are from several countries, although there is some overlap.

Here are the 14 books I read to reach Amante:
The Hottest Dishes of Tartar Cuisine (Bronsky)
A Clash of Civilizations Over an Elevator in Piazza Vittorio (Lakhous)
Chalcot Crescent (Weldon)
Concerto to the Memory of an Angel, The Most Beautiful Book in the World, and The Woman with the Bouquet (Schmitt)
Old Filth and The Man in the Wooden Hat (Gardam)
Gourmet Rhapsody (Barbery)
French Leave (Gavalda)
Tokyo Fiancee (Nothomb)
Cooking With Fernet Branca, Amazing Disgrace, and Rancid Pansies (Hamilton-Paterson)

I will aim for Caffe Luongo level for 2012 (12 Europas). Looking forward to it!

Most of the above are reviewed at my blog, http://bookconscious.wordpress.com/ -- I'll post the last few at the end of the month, as well as here at Europa Challenge.