Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Our Approach to Group Blogging

So, this is my first time running a group blog. Some of you may know that I modeled this blog on the Complete Booker Challenge blog, of which I'm also a participant.

Lately some of you have expressed some reservations about the way we're doing things here- some frustration with the fact that sometimes we have 2 or 3 or 4 posts in a day and then go for a few days without any posts. Some folks have asked me if there's another way to do this- scheduling posts, for example, maybe giving each participant a day of the week on which to post, or something.

What do you think?

There's also been a question raised about having discussions on GoodReads rather than here on the blog. I like having a GoodReads group for three reasons:
  1. It's good publicity for the challenge. We have found participants through GoodReads, which is a large and vibrant social networking site for readers.
  2. The discussions don't go away. If we had the discussions here, the posts would cycle out and become difficult to find.
  3. The discussions are all in one place. See above.

I created a poll on the right hand side for you to vote. On regulating posts, if you vote "Yes, using some other method" please comment here with more detail.
This is YOUR community blog so I want to know what you think. I'm reposting this to GoodReads so you can comment here or there. I won't make any changes without your say-so.

Thanks to you all for participating.