Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Visit to the Europa Editions Office in NYC!

This past weekend, my husband and I visited New York City for a four-day weekend. As always we made the rounds with our friends and family, and visited many of Manhattan's wonderful bookstores.

But I got an extra treat- a visit to the office of Europa Editions, on West 29th street not far from Penn Station. Publicist Julia Haav graciously accepted my request to drop by for a few minutes and it was so neat to see where the magic happens on this side of the Atlantic (Europa has its main office in Rome, where, sadly,  I do not have any trips scheduled.)
It was so fun to visit! Julia let me take home a finished book of my choice- Roma Tearne's Bone China- and a galley she picked out just for me, Treasure Island!!!, a January 2012 debut by Sara Levine. It's a comedy about a woman who decides to apply the lessons of risk-taking she learns from the famous book to her own more ordinary life.

Thank you for everything, Julia! It was such a pleasure to meet you and visit the office! I look forward to more great books from Europa!