Saturday, August 27, 2011

Introducing myself

Hello Europa Editions fans!

I am Stiliana -- I just joined the Europa Challange Blog and I'd like to introduce myself. I am a scholar and teacher (and I just relocated to the Chicago area). My first encounter with Europa Editions was when over a year ago I needed the English translations of Elena Ferrante's three novels: Troubling Love, The Days of Abandonment, and The Lost Daughter. Luckily, they had been translated in English and published by Europa! Looking at my Italian originals of the novels, I realized that Europa Editions was a branch of my favorite Italian publisher - edizioni e/o. What a coincidence!

I am looking forward to reading more Europa novels over the coming months (indeed, I have a row of them on my bookshelf: Linda Ferri's Cecilia, Alina Bronsky's The Hottest Dishes of the Tartar Cusine, Milena Agus' From the Land of the Moon, James Hamilton-Paterson's Cooking with Fernet Branca, and Rebecca Connell's The Art of Losing), sharing my thoughts on this blog, and learning from its contributors!