Friday, July 8, 2011

Nancy O begins the Europa Challenge

My name is Nancy, and I've long been a huge fan of Europa Editions.  So when I got an email about this challenge I decided to jump on it, so here I am.  I blog at The Year in Books, which is all about my adventures in literary fiction (for the most part), and I also have a split-off from The Year in Books called The Crime Segments, where I separately list the crime fiction I read during the year.

I think I'm most partial to crime fiction, so many of my current Europa Editions books are in that category.  I plan to go for the Amante Challenge, with the following books:

 Total Chaos, by Jean-Claude Izzo (Book I, the Marseilles Trilogy)
Chuormo, by Jean-Claude Izzo (Book II, the Marseilles Trilogy)
Solea, by Jean-Claude Izzo (Book III, the Marseilles Trilogy)
Dog Day, by Alicia Gimenez-Bartlett
Prime Time Suspect, by Alicia Gimenez-Bartlett
Death Rites, by Alicia Gimenez-Bartlett
The Treatment and the Cure, by Peter Kocan
Carte Blanche, by Carlo Lucarelli
The Damned Season, by Carlo Lucarelli
Via Della Oche, by Carlo Lucarelli
The Goodbye Kiss, by Massimo Carlotto
Death's Dark Abyss, by Massimo Carlotto
A Novel Bookstore, by Laurence Cosse
Bandit Love, by Massimo Carlotto

I have a lot more, but we'll start with these. Anyway, I'm so happy to be a part of this challenge, and I'm looking forward to what everyone has to say about what they read.