Tuesday, July 26, 2011

French Leave

Thrilled to get my first post in for the Europa Challenge.
Here is an excerpt of my review of French Leave, by Anna Gavalda:

This is a very quick read, it took me about an hour, a nice pleasant summer read I would say. It  has a flow to it, and I enjoyed the characters as they break from their conventional daily lives to go back to the beauty and simplicity of spontaneous sibling life, far from the requirements of the city and its duties. The dialogues sound very authentic, even in translation. I have to admit I did not find in it the depth I found in the 2 other books published by Europa I read before that – the 2 books by Murielle Barbey: The Elegance of the Hedgehog and Gourmet Rhapsody.

The original post is here.
And if you want to follow my progress on this Challenge, go here

Thanks,
Emma @ Words And Peace.